Friday, March 29, 2013

Happy Birthday to Everyday Revolutionary

In addition to being one of my favorite holy days on the Church calendar, today also happens to mark the third full year of this blog's existence. It just doesn't seem like I've been posting for that long. Three years ago today, I made my first post as the Everyday Revolutionary—that post was a paper I wrote for an undergraduate course on the life of Christ. The paper was entitled, "Scandalous Blessings: The Beatitudes of Jesus in the Gospel of Luke." Back then I leaned way too heavily on John Dominic Crossan.

In the time since that post found its way onto the internet, I have gotten married, moved three times, held seven different jobs (not all at once), somehow managed to wind my way into a third year of seminary studies, changed grad programs, traveled to Thailand, Burma, and Israel, meandered my way to the edge of atheism's abyss and haphazardly wandered back to faith.

All in all, not a bad run so far.

By the way, this post came very close to marking another milestone for EverydayRev: I am only a few posts shy of completing my 200th. I know it's not much compared to some of the other heavy hitters out there (I'm looking at you, Joel Watts and Brian LePort), but it's a milestone, nonetheless. It would have been nice for Good Friday, the blog's third anniversary, and my 200th post to have all coincided, but I'm pretty satisfied as it is.

For those of you who've been reading since the beginning: Thank you.

For those who are just now tuning in: Thank you, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment