Sunday, October 10, 2010

Music Sunday

This week, my friend Matt introduced me to a guy named Noah Gundersen. Specifically, a song called "Jesus, Jesus" from an EP released late last year entitled Saints and Liars.

Caution: the following song contains graphic lyrics.



What do you think of the lyrics? What questions do you think are raised? I'd love to foster some kind of discussion.

On a more shallow note: is it okay to curse when opening your heart to Jesus? I've noticed this debate a lot lately, and usually when the topic does come up, Derek Webb's name gets mentioned.



So:

1) Is it ever okay to question Jesus and his followers in art? Can anything positive come from this? I personally love Gundersen's song. What do you think of it?

2) Is it ever justifiable to curse when talking about Jesus? Even if it is the language written on your heart at the time?

Hit me up with your answers.

Peace,

Joshua

PS--Today is 10/10/10. I think I'm going to have a party tonight at 10:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment